Instagram is known as IG or Insta is a photo and video sharing social media platform owned by Facebook.
The app allows users to upload the photo and videos that can be edited with various filters and organized by using the hashtags geographical tagging. The posts can be shared publicly or with the followers.
Users’ can view others content using tags, locations and view the trending content. Users can also like others photos and follow other users to get the timely update.
The platform has created in 2010 to share the photo, selfies, and video content similar to other social media platforms until 2019. Later, the platform has transformed to an effective social media marketing channel to create brand awareness and engage with audience.
Considering the potential of using the platform, It has released dozens of new features for both the personal and business accounts. It has also introduced advance analytics, shoppable posts, interactive stories for business accounts.
The new video platform IGTV has also launched to promote video content and attract the new users along with engage the existing userbase.
The brands across all the products and services are investing their time in promoting their brands and services to their targeted audience by posting stories, creative posts, and videos on a regular basis.
It is very much needed for all the brands to aware of their audience and post the relevant content when most of their users are online to spread across promotional messages effectively.
Fun facts of Instagram 2020
The platform is rapid growing in the recent past and acquired huge engaging audience in building the strong community in Social Media Marketing. Here are a couple of fun facts to understand the reach of the platform.
- Instagram has witnessed over one billion active monthly users and 500 million daily stories uploaded by the users.
- US has 130 million active users
- It is one of the second most used network after Facebook. Users spend average of 53 minutes on the platform every day.
- There are at least 25 million business profiles created on the platform
- 90% of users followed at least one business.
- 83% of the users have acknowledged that the platform has helped them discover new product and services.
Are you looking to learn digital marketing courses for free of cost? Please feel free to access all the free digital marketing courses by visiting this page Free Online Advertising Courses.
Instagram 101 – A Free Course to Learn the Platform
Instagram offering various features to the users to use the platform effectively to build their community and connect with like-minded people. The platform is enhancing its features frequently to support the businesses to reach its targeted audience as well.
Here is a free course to learn Instagram platform from basics. You will learn below topics by accessing this course.
- An Introduction
- Getting Started on Instagram
- Secrets to Instagram Success
- How to Increase Your Engagement
- How to Boost Your Brand Identity with Instagram
- What is the use of switching to an Instagram Business Account
- Need to Know About Instagram Stories
- Instagram for Nonprofits
- Examples of Businesses on Instagram
If you are a book lover and wanted to learn Instagram Marketing, we would suggest that you try this book “Brand Marketing on Instagram Paperback” which is available on Amazon to purchase.